Education Community Service Program is Dedicated to promoting a commitment to literacy and lifelong learning. Be aware of your community:
· Have members attend School Board Meetings, report back to club.
· Have the club or some members become “Friends of the Library”.
· Help make items available to Senior Citizens.
· Help make available items to those with vision or hearing disablities.
· What is the literacy level for your community, educate your club.
· Host events at your local library, sponsor a speaker or author.
· Start a local book club.
· Apply for a GFWC focus on literacy Grant to fund a local literacy program.
· Be aware of issues on the local ballot that effect schools and libraries.
EDUCATION PARTNERSHIPS: GFWC is currently working towards formalizing a partnership with the American Library Association. Final details are not available, but more information should be provided when you attend State convention.